- The Lenape were the first people to live here.
- White "discoverers" included Giovanni da Verrazzano in 1524 and Henry Hudson in 1609.
- Significant fighting was seen in this are during the American Revolutionary War
- Post Revolutionary War brought some industrialization - including a road (Westchester Turnpike)
- Post American Civil War brought entrepreneurs and factories to Westchester
- Area remained relatively rural until the 20th century
- Roads and interstates arrived in the 1950 and 1960s
- Today, Westchester County has 6 cities, 19 towns and 20 villages.
Saturday, March 27, 2010
I conducted a detailed and complete source based analysis to be able to post this post on Westchester County -- I turned to Wikipedia.